- Begin standing in Tadasana (mountain pose)
- Step the feet 2.5-3 feet apart, facing the side of the mat
- Turn the toes on the right foot to the right.
- Make sure that the heel of the right foot is in line with the arch of the left foot.
- Bend the front knee. Check to make sure that the knee is not further forward than the ankle.
- Extend the arms to a T.
- Look over the right finger tips (if you have any neck issues, gaze forward instead.)
- Strengthens and stretches the legs and ankles
- Stretches the groins, chest and lungs, shoulders
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Increases stamina
- Relieves backaches through second trimester of pregnancy
- Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, & sciatica
- High Blood Pressure